So, I find that websites have helped me a lot in my path towards becoming both a better writer and a more intelligent person. In case anyone was wondering, I've decided to make a list of my absolute favorite websites.
1. http://www.dailywritingtips.com/ This website is exactly what it sounds like: Daily writing tips. They're easy to understand and fun and creative. One of my personal favorite articles is 100 Beautiful and Ugly Words.
2. http://wordsmith.org/anagram/index.html This website takes anything you type into it and anagrams it. It's really helpful, especially with the story I'm writing currently. One of my characters only speaks in anagrams of what she means to say.
3. http://www.derf.net/palindromes/old.palindrome.html Similar to the one above, except this is a list of every palindrome. A palindrome is a word like "racecar" or a phrase like "Rot can rob a born actor" where the meaning is the same both forwards and backwards.
4. http://ninjawords.com/ I really like the random option on this website. It's incredibly fast and spits a random word out. The words really are random. And it's called Ninja Words. Can you get better than that?
5. http://www.litquotes.com/ This website is just a bunch of quotes from literature which is really nice when I want a character to quote something. Very helpful.
6. http://www.springhole.net/writing_roleplaying_randomators/index.html This is a random generator that generates almost anything you ask for. I recommend it for inspiration.
7. http://figment.com/ This one's like Wattpad but - argusbly - for more advanced writers.